Working with special needs children offers a very special opportunity. If you are interested in making a difference and touching your own heart in a very deep and fulfilling manner, then the Yoga Therapy Course for Special Needs is perfect for you.
The number of children with special needs is growing and the tools to impact their lives have never been more important than they are today. Yoga therapy offers a way for you to connect and impact the lives of these children and teens in a way that nothing else can. You can make a profound difference in their lives and gain a feeling of fulfillment for yourself that will be hard to match.
You will bring the essence of yoga to these unique children, providing them:
- Increased levels of focus & concentration
- A sense of calm, stillness and peace within
- Tools to deal with emotional upsets (self-calming)
- Flexibility to adapt to change
- Cope with social situations: improved ability to be and connect with others
- A greater sense of self & awareness
- A relief from the “busyness” inside their heads
“Our daughter finds doing yoga poses and breathing techniques a very helpful way of calming herself in times of distress and as a way of remaining in a calm state more often. She is becoming better at self calming rather than allowing her anxiety to take over and become “out of control”. I believe having a set of helpful skills such as those gained through yoga can help our daughter throughout her lifetime.
Thank you Loraine!” – Jonelle (mother)
The Zenergy Yoga program at Fisher Road School has had a very positive impact on our students and staff. Not only have all the students and staff loved participating in the Zenergy Yoga program, but it has also provided many health benefits, such as the following: improved flexibility, better muscle strength, improved posture, lower stress levels, increased happiness, improved coordination, improved balance and better proprioceptive skills. Thank you Loraine and Zenergy Yoga for the difference you have made. – Nicholas Stevenson (Principal)
The course will address utilising Yoga Therapy to work with:
- Mental health
- Physical Disabilities
In this 2 day course, you will learn the 7 following elements for each of these issues:
- The distinct class format that will work best
- The keys to adapting your teaching style to be effective
- The specific Yoga Therapy corrective exercises
- How to adapt breathing techniques
- The keys to an effective relaxation
- How to create engagement and connection
- To alter how you give instructions so they can be understood and followed
By the end of the course, you will be able to deliver a class for students with any of these special needs as well as have the ability to work with students that have any of these conditions that may be participating in any of your classes.
Who will benefit from this course:
Yoga teachers, school teachers, parents, family members, daycare workers, health professionals and anyone who works with or wants to make a difference in the lives of special needs children & teens.
June 2 & 3 2018
Saturday: 8.30am – 5.30pm
Sunday: 8.30am – 5.30pm
Northern Beaches, Sydney